Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I Love Birdhouses

i think i can safely say i have an addiction to birdhouses.  I have them all over my house and often i will recycle one that i already have and maybe just doesn't fit my style anymore.  Case in point, the birdhouse below.  I have had this birdhouse for over ten years, but it used to be dark green.  It just didn't go anymore so painted it several coats of white and let it sit for months.  Then recently i finally found the inspiration and finished it.  And not to sound cocky, but i think i am in love :)


One thing i love about this house is it cost me ZERO dollars to make.  I had everything on hand and just kept adding until i felt it was finished.


I am sorry to say i do not remember where i got those cute little pictures on the house.  I printed them from a website several months ago and rather than guess where they came from, i will just have to say i don't remember :(


i also recently made a little altered art thingy. i would love to say i thought of it all on my own, but i saw a beautiful piece on the blog Stamptramp

The moment i saw it, i knew i had to make one of my own (and i just happened to have some wood blocks on hand) this is my first stab at this and i think i will make another one soon. i'm still happy with the end result, but really how can i go wrong with Tim Holtz paper?





One final project i did. I had purchased this wood shadowbox in the 'as is' at Michaels for $1.25.  I decoupaged it with old dictionary pages and there it sat for several weeks.


it still doesn't feel finished, so i may add something, but for now, this is what i have:




i really do wish i could make a living crafting or photographing nature and animals, since i love it so, but for now they will be my most cherished hobbies.



No comments:

Post a Comment