Thursday, January 30, 2014

Another Altered Bottle

i have an addiction to bottles! I see a glass bottle and i have to buy it, ask if i can have it or in this case, remove it from the recycle bin

 This was originally a Trader Joe's "dark ale" bottle.  the label was imprinted on the beautiful amber glass, so i had to cover it.

i used some origami paper to cover the logos and used some distress ink along the edges which i tore.
the bee image is from the Graphics Fairy which i did a citra solve transfer onto muslin fabric (that in itself is an addicting process)
the baubles and doo dads i had on hand and just kept adding them until i felt it was finished and then added some sisal twine to the top and finished it off with a 'diamond'


IN PROGRESS..........

this bottle is a work in progress.  I got the bottle at Michaels, it was a Christmas Clearance item, normally $9.99, but i only paid 99cents. It was originally gold with a glittery gold sticker on it.  Not my style at all, but i loved the shape of the bottle. I painted it with two coats of Gesso and once dried, i painted it silver, then added crackle medium and then painted it white and watched it crackle away.  I have not decided how i will finish it, but it's a process and it cannot be rushed.


 These little bottles are spice jars that i have to store my "collected earth" from my hikes.  I like to keep some sand/dirt from all the places i go and then display them.  I can't just  put some dirt in it, put on the lid and call it day, i have to embellish them a bit (just a little)




No comments:

Post a Comment