i am working on two projects. One is a configuration box. I have been wanting to create one of these for some time, BUT i just haven't had the $$$ to purchase one. So when i received a UPS box (the flat small size) at work, Inspiration struck and i created this. I cut off the top and then took the top, cut into strips to create the 'shelves' once i chose all the placements, i taped them down with packing tape, then decoupaged with Dictionary pages. is it perfect?? NO WAY! But figured the whole idea behind Mixed Media and art in general, is NOT about perfection....we shall see how this turns out....
Onward to the other project I'm working on. i have become obsessed with Altered jars. ever since i purchased the Tim Holtz Rock Candy crackle paint i have been 'crackling' jars right and left. Below is one i started last week (not quite done yet)
it feels unfinished, but i cannot rush it. once i realize what 'extra' it needs, i will continue. but of course, me being me, i began a few other projects. For example.....
i got this at the 99cent store. and i loved the bottle. i of course had to crackle it and i am quite pleased with the result:
work in progress. i cannot rush it. Next time, i will have the completed projects. Wish me luck :)





I'm always wishing you luck . . . and happiness and good fortune!
ReplyDeleteI love that crackle paint. I'm going to "paint" my Kodiak stove which is cast iron and starting to rust. I wish you were here to help me do something funky with it. You can now buy high temperature paint in a variety of colors. Jeff isn't artistic either so I imagine it will remain "black." :-(
So just paint the crackle rock candy on jar and let it dry to get this effect??
ReplyDeleteSo just paint the crackle rock candy on jar and let it dry to get this effect??
ReplyDelete