Sunday, August 4, 2013

99 cent Store Re-Do

                                     I love birds!  and I really love when I see cute little ceramic birds for 99cents!

                                                     OK so they're Salt and Pepper Shakers.  I can fix that!

I decoupaged them with 'newspaper print' paper. Mainly to cover the holes and just to give them texture

 
Next up....
 
I LOVE these faux finish kits!  However I am a little concerned because I got both of these on clearance at Michaels and now they no longer carry them, BUT they have not replaced them with any other version.  I will continue to keep and eye out. I'm sure Martha Stewart will come out with something
 
so the result is below. forgive the not so great photos, no matter what I did I could not get a photo to really show the texture and colors.
 


(side note this little birdhouse is a work in progress)
 
for the blue patina bird I also dry brushed some copper acrylic paint.  the blue patina is really cool, however no matter how many times I do it, there are always patches that just don't age.  I am very pleased how these little guys turned out.  99cents and a little time and I have two more birds to add to my menagerie.
 
 

1 comment: