It was BEAT UP lamp base. I of course looked at it for several minutes and then on saw the price.
$11.76 is really TOO much for me to spend on a lamp base, but it was originally $46.99, now that is a clearance! I actually walked away, it was just too much. but after ten minutes or so, I went back and grabbed it. I needed a new lamp and I had been searching for months.
the first thing I did, was paint 3 coats of Americana Vintage White, let it dry and sanded it down. The fact that the lamp WAS beat up was a selling point for me.
it took about two weeks before I could afford a lamp shade. the shade was actually more expensive than the lamp. It was a generic white drum shade I got at Walmart for $15.00. Once again OVER my budget, but I could not find one for less (that would work) I covered the shade with some of the Burlap now sold at Michaels and I added some sisal rope to top and bottom trim. I am very pleased with the end result, but I will say the pictures do not do it justice!
That black thing you see to the left is my baby Leo's tail, he was laying in his window and I certainly couldn't disturb him
On a side note. I got quite a deal today! Joann Fabrics just recently started carrying Tim Holtz' Fabric. I have been waiting MONTHS for this fabric to come out. The downside? It's $14.99 a yard. In the grand scheme of things that really not expensive, but being cheap as I am, well you can see the dilemma. I knew I needed 3 yards for my project and with a normal coupon it would still be expensive. BUT I had a coupon today for 60% off.
So I purchases this LOVELY fabric today:
And the retail cost was $56.21 (before tax) and I paid, $24.50 (still ALOT I know, but I did budget for it)
I saved $33.73!!! That does feel good!!







Great job Chandel! You are so talented. I love the way you tell the story behind your creations. This makes it so much more interesting.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you come up with next!