Monday, September 2, 2013

New Martha Stewart Decoupage Line

 I should start by saying, I LOVE Martha Stewart!  Every time a new product line comes out, I try to purchase as many items as I can.  When I saw the Decoupage Line on several blogs, I was very excited.  It's all because of Martha Stewart that I KNOW what decoupage is.  It all began in October 1994.....that is a story for another day.  On with the products :)

Of course I had to get the bird themed paper...

 
And I just had to get the lace as well...
 
 
in a perfect world I would have purchased more, BUT since I'm not loaded, I purchased both of these lovelies with 40% off coupons, so instead of  $9.99, they were only $5.99!!  they are definitely worth the $9.99 (if I had to pay it) and I know I will get a lot of use out of both.
 
Something that seemed to be missing from all the descriptions of the papers was something very important.  See below:
 
The images just pop out!  NO cutting!  That is such a relief!!  Most decoupage papers require that you have to painstakingly cut out each image, not this one :)
 
 so here's what I've come up with so far  (I just bought them yesterday, so I was only able to complete one thing)
 
 
this is a mix of Martha Stewart Decoupage papers, Graphics Fairy Images, scrapbook paper and various ephemera:
 





 
I created this box with a purpose in mind.  there is something that I collect.  I find them while hiking, nature walks, and sometimes I'll find them on my porch.....
 
 
Feathers!  I love feathers, but I cannot bring myself to purchase them because odds are whatever feather I purchase came from a bird that is no longer alive.  All the feathers I have found and collected were shed and not one bird was harmed in the process :)
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: