Monday, September 2, 2013

Hot Glue Molds?

several months ago, I saw these at Michaels (oh and I bought them) and then I started seeing several Bloggers had done projects with them.  These are pretty darn cool!  And not too expensive!



 
here's the problem.  when I bought these, I did not have the money to purchase the special glue sticks.  Could I use any glue stick?  Rather than try that right away, I had another idea....
 
 
I just happened to have some clay and gave it a try...
 
these are just a few, but I will say I have DOZENS of this molds.  the clay woks pretty well, it's kind of a pain to get it all in the small nooks and crannies, but it is worth it!!
 
these were white clay, then painted with silver paint and then smudged with black paint:
 
I DID try to use hot glue with these molds (just regular, not the Mod Podge version and perhaps that was the issue) and it just didn't work.  Perhaps the Mod Podge version is formulated for the molds?  BUT in a pinch, clay works great!!!
 
I was on a bit of a Mold kick and you know Martha Stewart has clay molds....
 
this is actually a mold for jewelry making...
 
 
and that bird alone made this set a MUST

 
 
 the flowers on the left are just plan white clay. the Gerber Daisy on the Right is the Martha Stewart Air Dry Clay, which unlike clay that you bake, is pliable and practically weightless.  the flower on the bottom right was is oven bake clay and I used patina paint to 'age it'
 
this little bird is from the Mod Podge mold.  This is just a wooden egg, painted white, then painted Slate green, sanded, little piece of burlap and there you go...

 
I love all these molds!  I plan on many more projects with them!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: