on Saturday as usual I went to Lindo Lake. this particular day I was not feeling well, but rain or shine, well or ill I always go and visit my avian friends. the picture below is to show how far the Canada Geese were (hence the arrow)
normally it would take 3-4 minutes to walk over there, but since I didn't feel good, it may as well been 10 miles away. I stood on the bank hoping they would see me and swim or fly over. after a minute or so, nothing. so I began my walk. then I heard it, the honk. I looked over and two of the geese were looking over to me and they honked again. I went back to the bank and watched them form their line and begin their swim over to me.
while this picture isn't very clear, I had to keep it since Lucy and Theodore simply couldn't swim like the others and decided to fly over.
here they come...
they began their climb...
I don't think this guy could look more beautiful! look at those wings
after the swim and the climb, they earned their seed
my little friend Enzo decided to fly over as well
of course after a meal, it's time to groom and preen.
and then, it's nap time.
while I wasn't feeling good this day, just being surrounded by my beloved Canada Geese made me feel a million times better.











Lovely photos, per usual! Your relationship with those animals is a beautiful thing that makes my heart sing! Hope you are feeling better.
ReplyDelete