Sunrise at Mt Laguna. Not a horrible view, if I do say so myself!
When people think of San Diego, they don't think of this. In fact ten years ago I didn't even know this place existed. it's not right down the street from me, it's about 50 miles away, which in my world is not far, but for some people it's a world away.
the fact that there was still water in the pond and lake, shocked me. there have been several thunderstorms that last month or so and I think that is responsible for these little pools of water.
Mountains, trees and meadows as far as the eye can see. Mt Laguna is untouched and will most likely stay this way since it is part of the Cleveland National Forest.
I will say I had quite a few bird sightings , BUT with an area so vast it was nearly impossible to get any real pictures. The birds out here are a little camera shy and keep their distance. But sometimes it's better to just watch and enjoy, even if you don't get a picture.
I also stopped off at Lindo Lake this day to visit my friends. I discovered something. This is "Sid Jr" you cannot tell from this picture, but it seems that Sid is actually female. Either that or her two brothers just happen to be HUGE for their age. No matter, she is still Sid to me, I have just adjusted the spelling to "Syd". She truly is her father's offspring.
WOW! These are really incredible photos! My favorite is the first one with the rising sun. Gorgeous! And I'm lovin' the larger versions.
ReplyDeleteWith those nice trails, I would love to horseback ride thru the Cleveland National Forest. Parts of it (with the pines and water) remind me of Pine Point Park here in Stillwater, MN. Like Mt. Laguna, Pine Point is mostly coniferous trees. Is that a Ponderosa Pine in the last landscape photo? They are so elegant and have that lovely reddish bark. One of my favorite trees.
ReplyDelete