Monday, February 3, 2014

A Few Projects and Works in Progress

Here's a few little things I've made lately:

This shadowbox was purchased at the Dollar Store. The fact that it had a glass hinged lid, made it a must have (i should have bought more than one)  I painted it brown, let dry and then painted it white, sanded it down to distress it and then started to fill it up...

some feathers, a key, pine cone, acorn, faux butterfly and of course a nest.  Complete.

I got this little jar at the 99 Cent Store.  It was a glass jar with a built in flower frog lid.  I chose to paint it white (several coats).  It dried overnight and then i took a sanding sponge to distress it a little.

I added the Love embellishment and i had dried some pink and white roses.

Voila!  $1.00 project.

easy nest, some eggs, a feather, Spanish moss, some fibers and yarn = Easy 

this was a makeover.  I bought this wood 'boat' about ten years ago.  I used to have a lot of nautical themed items and that is just not my style anymore, so i had to make this over.   I painted several coats of white paint, then distressed it.  added tissue tape, scrapbook paper, few little embellishments and i now have another vessel for my mini apothecary bottles of sand and dirt (from my hiking travels)  While it WAS a boat, it just doesn't scream boat to me anymore, it's more like a shelf/drawer unit.



another re-do.  I made this 'wind chime' over a decade ago. it used to be several shades of dark green.  Well that just doesn't work for me anymore.  So i painted it white and  slate green, distressed the house, the beads and the terra cota pots, did some decoupage, added a few doo dads and this old birdhouse/wind chime has a new life and the total cost?  $0.00




 and yet another project.  This little screen was purchased about 14 years ago, it once had flower engravings on each panel.  i covered each panel with card stock, then gesso, then i painted it and distressed the whole thing.  Like most things i do, this has a bird theme. you cannot go wrong with birds!





last one (for now)  This was a frame that opened up with these little panels.  It was black and i painted it, distressed it then decorated with a variety of Tim Holtz products, Bead Gallery, stickers, and scrapbook paper.  Decorating is always the best part :)




I am in the process of working on a few things:
i got the idea for this clothespin wreath from:

                          http://mamiejanes.blogspot.ca/2013/07/clothespin-starburst-wall-hanging.html

                                                   Still in progress. As are these two bird houses:
i purchased both these bird houses for $2.99.  This one is porcelain and WAS dark teal.  Two coats of gesso and about 5 coats of Vintage white and it's finally covered.  Not sure what i will do next....

This was a shiny honey pine and i sanded it, just to rough up the surface and then painted it dark brown (as a  primer)  not sure what i will come up with, but stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment